Old June 9th 04, 04:21 PM
Robert Grizzard

Roland S Geter Sr wrote:

I would like to explain to some of the uninformed hams out there .....
There is a major group of licensed amateur radio hams that are also law
enforcement officers namely like my xyl (KD6QCH) and myself (WB6LNA) as
members of the:
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
Communications Posse Deputies
Phoenix, Arizona
We are all fully armed, uniformed, graduates of the Sheriffs Firearms
Academy with some 300-400 hours formal classroom instruction in Law
Enforcement. Off duty we are encouraged to report crime to our
Commander from our VHF & UHF repeaters throughout the city. On duty we
drive either county patrol vehicles or our own personally financed and
outfitted private vehicles. Please visit us on http://www.posse.net
Hope this satisfies the question why we support the offering of this
kind of equipment on this newsgroup.
Thanks,
Roland S Geter, PhD
Madell M Geter, RN

Doc, maybe you should read the FAQ at
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hie...n g_on_Usenet
(mind the wrap). The very first section in the FAQ is, "What is appropriate
to post in rec.radio.swap?", and the answer is, " Any offer to buy or sell
radio and electronics equipment, such as transmitters, receivers, antennas,
electronics parts, and radio-related computer equipment is appropriate for
this forum. Posts concerning non-hardware (but still radio-related) items
such as documentation manuals, books, radio-related software, and
publications, are also welcome. *Sirens and emergency lights would surely*
*find a more appropriate audience in one of the public safety newsgroups.*"
(Emphasis added)

In fact, you might want to bookmark
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/ for future reference so you
can read the FAQL for a new Usenet newsgroup before you post to that
newsgroup. It will save you the risk of embarassment at being chastized
by your academic inferior.

Thanks,
Robert V Grizzard, AASEST
--
To design the perfect anti-Unix, write an operating system that thinks
it knows what you're doing better than you do. And then adds injury to