Old June 10th 04, 01:48 PM
mike

Roland S Geter Sr wrote:
I would like to explain to some of the uninformed hams out there .....
There is a major group of licensed amateur radio hams that are also law
enforcement officers namely like my xyl (KD6QCH) and myself (WB6LNA) as
members of the:
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
Communications Posse Deputies
Phoenix, Arizona
We are all fully armed, uniformed, graduates of the Sheriffs Firearms
Academy with some 300-400 hours formal classroom instruction in Law
Enforcement. Off duty we are encouraged to report crime to our
Commander from our VHF & UHF repeaters throughout the city. On duty we
drive either county patrol vehicles or our own personally financed and
outfitted private vehicles. Please visit us on http://www.posse.net
Hope this satisfies the question why we support the offering of this
kind of equipment on this newsgroup.
Thanks,
Roland S Geter, PhD
Madell M Geter, RN

nospam wrote:

Does this newsgroup say rec.Siren.Swap ?????????????????????
No it doesn't. 10-4 ?

Real Cops One. . . News Group Cops Zero

You and the XYL keep up the good work Roland.

Mike N0QFV