Old December 10th 04, 04:35 PM
Serious Poster

In the off chance you are serious -- the minute you transmit on a Ham
band -- the locals will look you up in the FCC data base and query you - if
you are not licensed they will turn you in to the FCC. It is quite easy to
determine if you are a licensed Ham. Finding a transmitter location is also
no problem. The fines are very very severe.

If you doubt that -- look up FCC violations on the web. See URL:
http://www.eham.net/articles/1744

Driving without a license is a sure way to get into deep trouble as is
transmitting without a license on the Ham bands

This has happened in our area several times -- Hams are very protective of
their bands.

Why not just buckle down and do things right. The tests are easy.

--
I post, therefore I am

"g g" wrote in message
ALL I DID IS MAKE UP A CALL SIGN FROM QRZ DATA BASE. WHEN YOU SEE NOT
ON FILE. THEN YOU ARE A HAM BONE . RIGHT NOW I AM AN
TECH.WORKING ON MY EXTRA. EXTRA. CLASS.. HAAAAA 73S FROM
ALABAMA