Old December 10th 04, 05:01 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi gb

I agree!

I also was not quite clear in my statements either.

We only daisy chain each rooms telephone circuits from a central
locatiion using loops in the pullboxes, having blank cover plates over
those pullboxes until it is decided which one will suffice for the
room furniture layout.

For computer we usually use the 75 ohm cable direct to the central
area for internet, and for internal networking the 6 wire cable is
used. It too runs from each room to the central area. If the
internal network only goes to rooms B and D only those two connections
are made in the central area.

In my house I have a shielded twisted pair going to each room, in each
room it is daisy chained to all possible outlets, at least 1 on each
wall, in some cases two on a couple of the walls. Unless it was used
at one time, there are no connections within the pull boxes.

However one decides to handle their wiring and extra's it's better to
have and not need than to not have at all.

Price is also a consideration! Running 6 telephone lines from a
central area to each room in the home can get quite expensive and
overly redundant for most home installations.

In addition, some cities charge 10 to 13 bucks extra on the permits
for each pullbox installed, even when those pullboxes are used for
non-permit required applications.

In my old house we had 46 outlets in the kitchen.
As if 46 were not enough already, the inspector required that we
install 4 more additional outlets in areas we considered to be very
hazardous to have outlets at all.
And sure enough, one of the extra duplexes we had to add, became a
constant torment to us. Not from usage, its 'required' location was
in a place where it was continually damaged and required regular
replacement.
Another was in a location where water was splashed on it several
times.
But you cannot fight the STUPIDITY of City Hall!

TTUL
Gary