Old June 26th 04, 02:12 AM
NN7KEXK7ZFG@\(nospam\)SBCGLOBAL.NET

Yeh, Chip, think they ALREADY have made THAT decision! 1-) That AMATEUR
RADIO
has become little more than an OVERGROWN Citizens Band. 2-) That the
SPECTRUM
is worth BUCKS, to Private individuals , and Corperations ( Need I mention
new services
such as B.P.L. ?). 3) There are places for the "Hobbyists" , such as 11
meters to conduct
ALL those wishing to "Play" with radio. , And, 4- ) Whatever experimenting
that leads to
any new worthy discovery,from amateur radio, is MINIMAL, if not NON-EXISTANT
relative to the services that can be rendered by Government/Private
consortiums!
Translation: We have met the enemy, and they are US ! (Pogo) NN7K
--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

Chip wrote:

You are so right. Actually it's more sad than funny. What sad shape we
are in when we must bicker about little things like this. To the rest
of the world, what is morse code? Some anecdote in a history lesson? In
the mean time, the most vocal proponents of CW seem to be some
individuals more inclined to insult and misspell than to make an
intellectual argument in support of their position. The bottom line is
that the debate is more about passion and feeling than it is about
reason and intellect. I feel sure that the FCC will shortly make a
ruling, and it will be based on the cold hard facts and financial
reason. It is cheaper and easier for them when there are less
requirements, and so they will abolish it. It is only a question of
"when", not a question of "if".

You have two choices. Embrace change, or fight it. Since it will happen
anyway, fighting will only cause you heart ache and grief.

Your opinions may vary from mine, in fact I am sure they do, but when
time bears my comments out you will be sure to remember I shared them.

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address