Old July 5th 04, 03:42 AM
James

Default Help: Philco Model 16 Circuit

PHILCO MODEL 16

I am looking at a circuit diagram for electrolytic cap #73. It shows a
1,1,1 &2 mfd electrolytic cap conected to grid of tube #77, 1st
audio. The diagram only shows one tie point to tube. Does this mean
it is equivalent to a single .3 mfd cap since it shows them in
parallel ? also @ what volts ? .(none specified)

Is it necessary to replace all the bakelite caps ? Do they go bad like
old wax caps ? Also, it is difficult to determine just what wires are
grounded , which are tie points ,etc. also, the values. Is there
some simple way to determine ?

The center vernier dial shaft just pulls out- I assum it it is t
broken? How do you fix ?

Any advise or clarification is appreciated

James (dethrone me to reply)