Old August 19th 04, 02:05 PM
Steven Dinius

I seriously doubt you are even aware Phil has one of the more prominent
antique radio site on the web then. Might indicate you are in swap as I'm
sure he looks at boatanchors and he has a few. No matter.

Has it been over half a day and it would be thought the OP would respond yet
hasn't? My strongest evidence that he used keywords to commit a hit-and-run.
Like a direct mailer might, only the more outrageous examples are labeled
SPAM. In his case not, however I know I would monitor the groups I posted to
as posters will reply within the groups anyway. 5-7 of 10 those replies are
wasted.

IF he wishes to give Goodwill carte blanche, so be it. I can hope some kid
will get the bug and want better, etc. Auctions, thrift stores are great
places to start a collection and one hopes these folks are our future? Maybe
the thrifts I know will lose the mentality of not handling radios or
computers they picked up during the Microsoft antitrust suit. Our auction
house has been greatly useful to me. Things like Zenith "porthole" b/w sets,
a pre-1951 Motorola AM-FM phono console, early SS radio and tube stereo tape
gear, 70's vintage receivers. I have no use for eBay as there's plenty about
here.

If you really want to contact him, do so through the website you will now
thoroughly enjoy.

http://antiqueradio.org/index.html We try not to give his address directly
to counter SPAM, but you should bookmark it just the same.

Thank you most kindly for your thoughtful opinion.

PS I watched a teenager diagnose and almost manage to repair the
malfunctioning record changer in a 20 yo Rowe-AMI jukebox today. I feel a
lot of hope.