Old December 14th 04, 02:01 PM

Hi
I tried to reply to your post, but it does not seem to have made it..so
here is another try:
This is a quote taken from one site:
Of interest is the 1:1 balun mounted at the input of the tuner (rather
than the output where it would be exposed to highly reactive loads).
The various components are floated above chassis ground. When properly
adjusted, the balun sees a 50 ohm load both at the imput from the
transmitter and at the output. Its not a perfect replacement for the
link coupled circuits of yesteryear, but in my experience so far, it
perfoms significantly better than competing tuners employing 4:1
baluns. I've tried a few of these matching networks and not one of them
provided an output to tuned feeders even close to being balanced. The
AT4K-BAL is a leg up on this account.
I have seen dozens of other sites with the same info, including several
ARRL articles.
Thanks