Old September 20th 04, 06:23 PM

Thanks, It turned out to be the SCR, I disconnected it
and now it goes to 13.8 volts.
So I ordered a SCR from astron.
Rich

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:03:28 GMT, "Howard Kowall"
wrote:

i am no expert but check the output transistors
short circuit will probably take them out
good luck and let me know how you make out
howard

wrote in message
.. .
HELP Astron 70 amp PS
I have a astron 70 amp power supply and was hooking up a transmitter
to it and I pulled the power supply closer to me and the positive wire
came loose and hit the ground terminal on power supply.
Now when I turn it on you can hear the power supply turn on and the
light on the power swithch comes on, but no volts comes up on the
meter. I checked the terminals on the back and no volt, very little if
at all.
The outside fuse is good.
I took off top cover and I don't see and internal fuse.
Is there a diode I should be looking for?
I'm sure it has to have some kind of protection if the wires are
reversed.
Any help would be great.
Rich