Old January 22nd 05, 11:07 PM
Ken Bessler

"W9DMK (Robert Lay)" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:53:07 -0600, "Ken Bessler"
wrote:

Dear Ken,

Are you saying that you have a separate SWR meter, external to the rig
and that you are using this instead of the rig's internal SWR meter?
Is their no internal autotuner or outboard manual tuner involved?

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA

I'm using a seperate SWR/Power meter. Both rigs, old and new,
had no internal tuner and used my MFJ-864. The FT-857D has
a SWR meter but it's not calibrated or even marked. So, I use a
seperate, dedicated & calibrated meter. I'm using a MFJ 941C
tuner but all my measurements have been with the tuner in bypass
mode, going direct to the antennas.

--
73's es gd dx de Ken KG0WX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055,