Old January 22nd 05, 11:09 PM

I suspect it will take some time to "master"
the art of SSB. On most receives SSB will
never be as clear as AM, but it should be
close enough so that you can listen to
and enjoy music.
Try hunting arround 14 MHz and listen
to the hams.
I am in, just south, of LExingtonKY, and the current
pirate, Underground Radio is giving a ~S8
On the DX398 I had no reading, but I was using my
scanner antenna. I plan on bringing my antennas
out to a patch panel so I can rapidly change from one
radio to another. I had such a panel, but I am rewiring
my radio desk, so it will have to wait awhile.
I am going to drop him an email and see what happens.
Terry