Old October 9th 04, 02:24 PM
K7MEM

jwb wrote:
looking for a nice working heathkit hx-1681 transmitter and heathkit hs-1661
speaker
thanks jack

Jack,

I have had a HX-1681/HR-1680 combination for over 20 years now and
absolutely love it. Sorry that it is not for sale but, I want to make
sure that you know that the HX-1681 requires an external power
supply, the PS-23. If you don't have that, the transmitter won't do
you any good. And make sure you get the power supply interconnect cable.
Those old plugs are getting harder to get.

I hope you find one and get to use it. In combination with the
HR-1680 you get full breakin operation. And, the reliability is
great. I've only had to fix mine two or three times and even then
the problems were small.

--
Martin Meserve - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.150m.com