Old December 17th 04, 04:37 AM
zaashy

"Matt" wrote in message
Slot antennas began life as slots in curved surfaces, eg., aircraft
fuselages and wings. Most structural alloys will do fine. Rectangular
tubes are unusual. They are often unsightly protusions.

The maths is more complicated with curved surfaces.

But if you just copy somebody else's slot, and scale dimensions

according
frequency, the maths reduces to simple A*B/C schoolboy arithmetic.

I have not found any round rather then square designs on the net. Do you
know of any? If I found one I could scale it down to 33cm. I have not
found any 33cm slotted designs period. I have found a calculator for
rectangular waveguide though which I ran for 33cm. Not sure how I would
adapt its results to round though.

Matt

It should be close, yoy may have to move the slots closer of further apart
by the velocity factor inside the waveguide (going from rectangular to
round, round could be faster so slots may be further apart, but not by much)
How many slots, how many wavelengths long?