Old December 17th 04, 02:53 PM
Ken

Default Feedline for RCVR antenna

For travel, I am using a homebrew 17 ft dipole as the HF antenna for
my Icom R-10 wideband receiver. It is made from 27 ft of 28 ga
zip-type ribbon cable with the first 17 ft having the wires separated
(the dipole) and the last ten feet unzipped (the feed line).

(1) Will performance improve if I replace the feedline with coax or
shielded audio cable? I would rather not because that would
substantially increase bulk.

The radio and antenna are ungrounded. Is anything to be gained by
running one side -- the side to BNC jack shield -- to the AC mains
ground or the local plumbing?

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email