Old December 19th 04, 02:31 AM
Ken Bessler

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
news:0T3xd.1088$Jb7.1075@okepread01...
Tomorrow I'm probably going to buy a Yaesu FT690
6m all mode rig. I'm thinking about a temporary antenna.
Eventually I'll have a pair of stacked loops, probably
from PAR Electronics.

If I've got this right, wouldn't a Jpole have the same gain
as an inverted V? 2.14dbi gain?

Ken KG0WX

The Jpole is vertical and the inverted V is horizontal in the normal
mounted
position. There is about a 20 db differance between the two. If you
layed
the jpole on its side then it would have about the same gain as the
inverted
V. For ssb you want horizontal and for FM you want vertical.

Sorry I should have specified that I understand the polarization differences
between the Jpole and the Dipole. I was intending on running the Jpole as
an end fed halfwave inverted V.

I guess I answered my own question, huh?

Ken KG0WX