Old December 19th 04, 04:21 AM
Crazy George

That was probably back when CC designed all their antennas for through the boom elements and then built them with the
elements on top, or vice versa, making them wrong by about 10%. Typically had more "gain" off the back than off the
front. Nearly put CC out of business.
--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message k.net...

"Kirk Mohror" wrote in message
I am looking for construction articles on how to build a 6 element 2 meter
quad antenna and a 440mhz 8 element quad antenna.

You may want to check the quagi out . The quads are usually more trouble to
build and do not give any advantage once you go over 4 or 5 elements or so
for vhf.

http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/quagi.htm

I built a 220 mhz version years ago and it seemed to work fine. Lots beter
than the CC 11 element yagi I compaired it with at the same height.