Old December 20th 04, 05:04 PM
Mark

"Simon Smith" wrote in message
I posted a message a couple of weeks ago regarding my successful

completion
of the Foundation Course and a pass in the exam.
Thank you all for all your congratulations and kind words of advice.
I am now happy to say shat I have been issued with a call sign - so the

next
step will be to choose a radio - apply for planning permission for an
antenna- get it installed if the application successful, and I'm away. In
the meantime I'm busy reading up on the "Intermediate" course.
Season's Greetings from Cornwall

M3IIV

John

John, do not bother with planning application straight away...

Most antenna setups do not require planning permission unless there are some
special circumstances.

I have had a 12m Pump-up mast , several VHF verticals, HF wire antennas,
microwave dishes and an assortment of yagis on poles without any need for
planning permission.

Only ever had one visit from the planning officer, I told him all my
antennas are further than 2m's from my boarder and are all temporary and do
not require permission ... "so go away". And he did. That was over two years
ago.
Not heard a single peep out of him since.

Mark