Old December 20th 04, 06:42 PM
Reg Edwards

The original English word for "Antenna" is "Aerial".

But USA citizens who imagined, as is quite normal for USA citizens, they had
invented such devices, they then had to invent another naming-word in
support of their claims.

But we forgive such immature pranks. It's only human nature, after all, to
play such games. ;o)

A MERRY XMAS to all readers.

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Goetz wrote:
Sorry and I thought my command of English was good.
Thank you for correcting me.

My Merriam-Webster's 10th edition Collegiate Dictionary
makes absolutely no distinction between "antennas" and
"antennae". Those two plurals are interchangeable in
American English whether one is talking about insect
or radio antennas.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers