Old December 20th 04, 07:01 PM
Jack Painter

"Reg Edwards" wrote
The original English word for "Antenna" is "Aerial".

But USA citizens who imagined, as is quite normal for USA citizens, they

had
invented such devices, they then had to invent another naming-word in
support of their claims.

But we forgive such immature pranks. It's only human nature, after all, to
play such games. ;o)

A MERRY XMAS to all readers.

Merry Christmas to you too Reg.

On inventing, it's not an imagination of the ingenuity that the rest of the
world is obviously jealous about. Or you are at any rate. If American
engineers and scientists didn't invent something, we improved on it.
Probably responsible for more of the ideas, designs and patents that made
the industrial revolution "a revolution" than all other countries combined.
But of course that doesn't rub some folks well, especially if they are from
countries that always know better than anything America does. Historically,
these experts have made little of anything better, especially not aerials,
which is a rather foolish word at that. It describes anything aloft, which
for some brits may have been their imaginations more than their antennas.
;-)

Jack