Old December 20th 04, 10:41 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:25:43 GMT, Ed
wrote:

Yes, I hope that he meant "loop" instead of "dipole"

Hi Ed,

Aside from the charged particles introducing noise, there is no
difference. If charged particles is the noise, then I offered a
solution that reduces the issue of antennas to: no difference.

If it relates to corona discharge, then you may have to ask yourself,
what about the difference between corner fed and center fed loops
(this made a huge difference to HCJB in Quito).

Just tossing out the term "low noise" is in itself a reliance on hopes
and wishes to sort out what the noise is. This is because forcing the
discussion into more context invariably reveals the old nostrum of
magnetic antennas being immune from electrical noise. Then we get
into all sorts of equivocation which in the wash inevitably reduces
to: no difference.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC