Old December 11th 04, 07:27 PM

Bill Turner wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:12:35 -0500, " Uncle Peter"
wrote:

I wish I could find carbon comps (decent values) for two cents
each! Those days are long gone around these parts.

The days of carbon composition resistors are gone for good reason.

Unless you are an antique collector and like to restore equipment

using
original parts, use metal film resistors instead. Their stability

and
reliability are far superior.

--
Bill W6WRT

I see a lot of circuit boards each week thru work and many of them
still use carbon comp resistors. I dont think they are near extinction
but the demand for them has slowed down quite a bit.

I always heard carbon comps were better in radio and audio circuits
because of their lack of or very low inductance as opposed to carbon
composition which use a spiral of conductive material around a ceramic
core which acts as a small inductor.........