Old December 26th 04, 12:01 AM
AComarow

Subject: frequency counter with Nixie-type display
From: "JOE"
Date: 12/25/2004 6:02 PM Eastern Standard Time

No bad digits or segments, otherwise operationally
unknown. Appearance is VG (high-res JPEGs available). $25 plus shipping

without
manual (I paid $40 for an original manual). $45 plus shipping with manual.
(Manual alone is $40 shipped.)

[Translation: I bought this damn thing, paid $40 for a manual, and STILL
could not get it to work. Better call it 'untested']

Well, no, although I can see why you'd think that. Real translation: I already
had two perfectly good counters but had a thing for Nixie displays (as I said
in the ad) so I got this one, then went looking for a manual because I ALWAYS
get one for all my gear (which may not be rational, but the whole boatanchor
thing isn't totally rational), found one, paid $40 for it, flipped the counter
on to watch the display show random numbers, watched again a few other days,
let the counter sit for a couple of years, and decided to sell it on the same
basis that I bought it: a counter with a working display.

Don't let the shanigans of a few less-than-honest SOBs turn you completely
cynical.

Avery W3AVE
Potomac, Md.