Old December 22nd 04, 12:19 AM
Ian Jackson

In message , Richard Clark
writes
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:51:30 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Richard Clark
writes
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:27:54 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

However, this is not the best design for a
matching network, they are usually three resistors in either a PI or T
configuration.
Several manufacturers of precision matching pads might disagree!

Hi Ian,

I seriously doubt it, but you are free to offer examples.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

+ many, many more!
Ian.

Hi Ian,

Perhaps you can share from those many, many more, those which
disagree?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

The point I was trying to make was, if the L-pad was 'not the best
design for a matching network', why are there so many about?
It gives the minimum loss for a match in both directions (with the 43and
86 ohm resistors). What works better?
Ian.