Old January 8th 05, 11:54 AM
AComarow

Subject: frequency counter with Nixie-type display
From: Leonard Martin
Date: 1/8/2005 2:28 AM Eastern Standard Time
Anyone would think that, from what you originally posted. You're
obviously an articulate person. Why didn't you give a few more details
initially?

I'll never understand this terse posting/listing by people who want to
sell things to complete strangers. On eBay it's especially irritating.
It's like the seller thinks he's talking to his best friend: "Hey bro.
Find a nice counter for ya. Goes to 200 Mhz. How about 50 bucks?"

Out here in the world of strangers we need a bit more detail.

Leonard

Leonard, you make a good point, but the item for sale was extremely cheap by
any standard--worst case, the manual could be resold for $25 or $30. It just
didn't occur to me to supply the amount of detail that I would if I were
selling a $250 or $500 piece of gear. BTW, I did sell the counter for my asking
price, and the buyer is very happy--as he should be, in my opinion, but I agree
that that has nothing to do with your argument.

FWIW, when you objected publicly to the skimpy description, I responded
publicly with the back story. I hope that counts for something.

Avery W3AVE