Old January 23rd 05, 05:49 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"CW" wrote:

Check again. The 398 is fully ssb capable.

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
In article .com,
wrote:

You should be able to tune it in. I have used my DX398 and have had
no trouble. Try tuning slowly above and below. I am receiving the
6.925 pirate (now Underground radio) in USB, so tune below it.

He is not complaining about picking the signal up but making it
understandable. You can't do this with DX-398. No SSB mode or BFO means
no SSB detection.

I did check again. I mixed up the model number. The 398 does have SSB
and the 380 I own does not. I read the post and then looked at my radio
and then commented on mine without noting the original post had a
different number. Dumb.

It was a bad model number day for me as I did a similar thing in another
post yesterday.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California