Old January 24th 05, 01:39 AM
Jason Dugas

Default Homebrew 3kV Power Supply

I recently got a high voltage transformer that I'm going to use to build a
HV power supply for some future homebrew tube amps.

I'm curious if I'll need a high voltage voltmeter? I'm new to the high
voltage world and so need some guidance or 'tips' in building HV circuits.
I have already consulted the ARRL Handbook for all of the safety
precautions, so I'm not so much looking for that sort of information, as I
am practical tips in putting together the circuit and having some sort of
meter to use in order to check various voltages throughout the circuit & on
the output.

If I do need a voltmeter capable of measuring kV level voltages, what
brands/models should I be looking for? If not, what equipment will I need?

Thanks,

Jason
KB5URQ