Old January 24th 05, 12:46 PM
Roy Lewallen

I thank you very much for the kind words.

But on more than a few occasions, I've found that I firmly believe
something you have said with an air of confidence, even certainty, that
is a belief only of "old wives". Therefore it's an inescapable
conclusion that I am one.

Don't fret -- the title of "Reg's old wife" is one I wear with pride, if
a modicum of bemusement.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Reg Edwards wrote:
Dear (I really mean it) Roy,

For my (unstated) benefit, you semi-seriously describe yourself as an 'old
wife'.

Now, I have NEVER described anyone as being an 'old wife'. I am too polite.
Although, I must admit, I do occasionly infer that such people do exist.
They are not objectionable

If you think the cap fits, then wear it. (Old English proverb.) But you
don't!

But for the benefit of anyone mildly interested, who may be unfamiliar with
the goings-on on this newsgroup, YOU are the VERY last person who I would
remotely associate with being an 'old wife'.

Just keep yourself familiar with 'arithmetic' and 'maths' will look after
itself. ;o)

History, Arithmetic and Elementary Statistics are the most neglected
subjects in English primary schools. They are easy and simple enough and
occupy little time. But what can be expected from ill-educated teachers? I
suspect the same applies in the USA.

I understand school teachers in the USA wear bullet-proof jackets. But, in
general, I am restricted to the BBC and the largely US-controlled unruly
English newspapers which concentrate on swasticas and the royal family,
nudes, the sexual habits of film-stars, cat-walk celebraties and overpaid
Manchester United football players. After all, everybody has a right to
make a living of some sort!
----
Just another advert from Reg, G4FGQ