Old January 24th 05, 03:56 PM
Bob Miller

On 24 Jan 2005 05:29:12 -0800, wrote:

I just bought one that measures forward and reflected power and at the
bottom is the swr calculation.

Is the antenna's swr where the two needles meet?

Also the switch on it for 2 meters says "144 mhz" So I should tune my
radio to this when tuning? What if I want my antenna tuned for 146 mhz.

It is an MFJ unit. Yes I did read the instructions but they left alot
to be desired for a first timer.

The whole idea is to tune your antenna so the Forward needle moves as
much as possible, while the Reverse needle moves as little as
possible, or not at all :-)

THe manual for your rig should tell you how much SWR it can safely
handle. A little doesn't hurt, but too much can harm the finals.

Bob
k5qwg