Old January 25th 05, 02:15 AM
running dogg

elg110254 wrote:

This winter's propogation has been more miss than hit, even when compared to
low sunspot cycles of past years. Heard a ham on one of the 80 meter nets last
week complain that these continually poor propogation conditions have been the
worst he'd ever experienced this deep into winter. He'd never seen long
path/short path skip so uneven in distribution, or absolute in fadeouts! Even
the pathways are wierd. Last week, B.B.C.'s Singapore & Sackville relays were
non-existent; Radio Australia barely rising above the thresh-hold, but Radio
Netherland's Madagascar relay was booming in. At least until 1400 G.M.T. when
it too faded into oblivion!!!

31m still has same poor propagation tonight, 0200 Jan 25. Tonight I
noted a loud heterodyne floating around 6000 khz, probably as a result
of so many strong signals in such a tight space. I can hear Cuba under
it if I use USB, but audibility is poor. Along with the interference
with the BBC on 9525 (when the BBC is there, last couple nights it
hasn't been). I haven't done any serious DXing this season because of
the conditions. I'm sure I could log some unusual stuff if only I had a
proper antenna setup.