Old January 25th 05, 03:50 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "Scott W. Harvey"
writes:

I have seen the "official" tool that was originally used to
attach/remove these rings, and it is a fairly complicated
gizmo....Probably unobtainable unless special-ordered. With that tool,
it's a one-handed job.

If the end tabs of the C-ring each have a hole, then the official tool is
pretty simple. I have a couple of those tools. Unforch, they are "Hong Kong
Hardware" quality tools, and so it's a one-handed job, but very hard on the
throat from the constant profanity needed to "cheer the team" to success.

Maybe you are talking about a larger version of the simple rings, with no tabs,
that hold pot shafts into a pot, for example. Those would require two pliers.
73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.