Old January 25th 05, 05:33 AM
Michael

Default Long wire antenna

I want to build a long wire antenna for AM use, and run it from the
peak of my house to the peak of my barn. That will give me about 120
feet of antenna running basically north/south. I've never done this
before, so I'm looking for advice. I know enough to use ceramic eggs to
string the antenna ends, but how do I terminate the ends so that 1) the
end at the barn supports the tension; and 2) the end at the house
supports the tension and allows a connection to the radio? Also, how do
I connect a lightning arrestor to the antenna and how do I properly
connect the coax to the antenna?

Sorry if these are very basic questions, but I'm just starting out at
this.

TIA

Michael