Old January 25th 05, 02:02 PM

beerbarrel wrote:
On 24 Jan 2005 13:02:07 -0800, wrote:

I am going to make an upstairs base station. How do you have your
antenna wire coming into your shack? Can I make a plug in by

drilling a
metal outlet cover? What would look the best and perform the best?

If I
have alot of connection would that degrade the signal?

I have a piece of plexi glass inserted between a partially open
window. It allows me to come inside with all sorts of stuff just by
drilling and mounting connectors. I put some rubber around the edge

of
the plexiglass to seal out weather. Water pipe insulation works well
for this.

But can you close and latch the window this way?