Old January 25th 05, 05:25 PM

I am going to make an upstairs base station. How do you have your
antenna wire coming into your shack? Can I make a plug in by drilling a
metal outlet cover? What would look the best and perform the best? If I
have alot of connection would that degrade the signal?

For a new basement installation, I drilled an approximate 2-inch-diameter
hole through the sill (would have just drilled through both walls if I
had been on a higher floor) and inserted a 2-inch piece of PVC pipe with
a downward-pointing elbow on the outside end; lots of coax cables will
fit through the PVC pipe.

I had a Ufer ground installed when the basement was built, and all my
equipment is grounded to that inside the basement. My tower is also
connected to that Ufer ground and to a ring-ground that goes around the
outside of the basement at foundation level.

--Myron, W0PBV.
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge