Old January 25th 05, 05:53 PM

Hi, Dave.
I think we need to define what you are trying to do. What do you mean
by RTTY? Are you sending Baudau (SP!) or ASCII? If ASCII, are you
sending 7 bit characters with parity or 8 bit with parity?

All RTTY that amatuers generate is asynchrounous, meaning that each
character is a self-contained package. Synchronizing occurs when the
start bit (space) is received and ends when the stop bit is received.
Both sender and receiver must be set to handle the total lenght of the
"package". Actual stop bits or "marking" at teh end of the package may
be any length, but as Nana pointed out, must be at least the minimum
specified for the protocol. Either 1.5 or 2 units minimum.

Areyou using all software to send the RTTY, or are you using a
UART/USART chip to actually convert from paralell to serial?
Paul, KD7HB