Old January 25th 05, 06:43 PM
dxAce

beerbarrel wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:29:13 -0500, dxAce wrote:

RHF wrote:

MICHAEL,

READ - Types of Wire Antenna Insulators and
"How To" Make the Insulator's Eye Wire Wrap Joint
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e94237dc9fa077

.
WRAPPING THE ANTENNA WIRE THROUGH THE INSULATOR :
Here is the Method / Process that I use to Wrap the Antenna Wire
Through the Eye (Hole) of the Antenna Insulator.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e94237dc9fa077

Well, you mention I believe, that you run it through the eye of the insulator
twice to distribute the force. I think that may be a fallacy since if the
insulator is going to break at x pounds of force then trying to distribute the
strain through the eye will actually accomplish nothing as it will break no
matter what at x pounds of force. The force itself will still be coming from the
same direction will it not? And simply having two wires, essentially co-located
at the same place for all intents and purposes won't do much to change the
distribution of weight or strain placed on the insulator.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

With that knot, you still just have one single wire going up to the
insulator. It sounds like it might make a pretty good knot that won't
come undone. I ran mine through one time and then twisted about a
foot's worth of wire around the radial in a nice tight coil. So far so
good! Of course, I'm dealing with solid wire and not stranded.

I don't really know about simply using a knot. Everything here is soldered.

dxAce
Michigan
USA