Old January 26th 05, 01:36 AM
William E. Sabin

If you have a fairly strong local broadcast station an auxiliary diode
receiver will create the DC bias voltage for the diode in your application.
That detector and your application can operate simultaneously.

Bill W0IYH

"gudmundur" wrote in message
Hello all,

I want to try to detect signal levels of 50mv to 200mv peak to peak.
I need a passive circuit with no amplifiers, and I will be feeding a
DVM with .01v resolution. The problem I am having is that a 1N34 will
not conduct very well at these low levels. Is there a more suitable
diode? Can you give me a part number, or a simple way to get just one
or two of these diodes? What the diode is looking at is a 50 ohm port
on a 30 to 60 mhz I.F. chassis.

Thank you for your time.