Old January 26th 05, 02:41 PM
Scott Dorsey

Trent Hancock wrote:
My problem with the whole mess was this: I had no idea this was an all text,
no binary format news group. No where was this written or explained. Another
fact is: there are other pics listed in this group, but no nasty messages
posted to them.

It's explained in news.announce.newusers. NONE of the big eight groups allow
any binaries. This is just so fundamental that anyone who has been through
the introductory material in news.announce.newusers has been told a dozen
times about this. Posting binaries to discussion groups is about the most
rude possible thing you can do on Usenet.

As it appeared to me at the time, I had invaded a good old boys plot of turf
and was being told I was not welcome. I have been a user of the Usenet
system for years and have never been treated as I have been on this net.

This "net" is just part of the big eight. If you did something equivalently
boneheaded to any of the other big eight groups you would have got a similar
response.

I'd mail this to you, but you seem to have some sort of goofy challenge/response
mail system.
--scott