Old January 26th 05, 01:29 PM

Finally, Dave is beginning to give us the complete story.

Hey. :-) In all fairness, I did say "My goal is to program a PIC so
that it can control a FSK circuit and transmit to my PC, which is
receiving with MMTTY or something similar." Although it was several
messages back.

Now, Are you thinking of generating audio tones using the pic in

order
to transmit AFSK, audio frequency shift keying? This will basically

be
filtered and sent to the microphone input of a transmitter. Or are

you
going to use the pic to control a tone generator?

Probably the latter. I'd like to be able to use a standard handheld
with a PTT. I might have the tone generator be an external circuit
outside the handheld... still not sure.

Have you looked at all the data sheets and sample programs available
for the PIC from the manufacturer? It's been a long time since I

looked
there, but I think there were sme good examples of what you want to

do.
Paul, KD7HB

I've checked a couple, but I don't plan on generating the tones with
the PIC... I'd like to take as much processing off the pic as possible.
Thanks for the help!
Dave