Old January 26th 05, 01:37 PM

nana wrote:
Aaahhhh! Okie Dokie Dave. Little lights started to flicker on. You

sure are
a cryptic devil, aren't you?

So, why not just generate the 5 unit code at CMOS levels then run it

into an
XR2206 tone generator like everyone else? It will save you hours of
heartache. http://www.klm-tech.com/technicothica/xr.html

Wow, nice chip. I like the datasheet on that one so far. That might
be a great option...

Are you attempting to make a beacon, or something for APRS? What is

the
purpose of the one-way acft borne RTTY transmitter?

Mainly temeletry. Most of it would be GPS information, but some would
be temperature and status information.

I ask because there are
pic type units made that take a GPS position, format it to packet

1200bd
APRS and transmit same on VHF. (search APRS)

Is this what you have in mind?

Somewhat, but I was kinda hoping to have a lot of control over what is
sent... and it'd be educational to design my own RTTY generator.

It'd be going on a high altitude balloon. I've launched one in the
past using pre-recorded audio sounds (numbers and the pilot-alphabet),
but it's slow and consumes more battery power. I'd also like to get
more frequent transmissions.
www.geocities.com/achilles03/hab.htm

Thanks for the info!
Dave