Old January 26th 05, 11:36 AM

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:12:59 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote in :

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:11:41 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote in :

snip
No, not at all. But trust me, the liberal side of the political
equation has done little to help and far more to ruin this country at
practically every turn. From the creation of the welfare state, to
frivolous lawsuits, to the creation and expansion of federal taxes, to
affirmative action.....

What's your problem with affirmative action?

Well I'm a business owner that has contracts with
the city of Issaquah Washington. As an independent
contractor with the city, I must adhere to their rules on affirmative
action
employment.
So rather than hire a electrical engineer of 30 years
experience who was Caucasian, I have to hire an employee
of color, with less experience. That now means possibly more training,
inferior quality work, more issues with their work
because of their lack of experience.
Why as a business owner must I be FORCED to hire
someone of less experience to meet affirmative action
requirements? Why can't I just hire the right person for the
job, no matter what their color of skin is?

We live in a society. This has obvious benefits, but it also demands
some responsibilities. One of those responsibilites is to make sure
everyone has a reasonable opportunity to succeed and not become a
burden on our society. But because there are racist attitudes among
many employers, there are fewer opportunities for people of other
races. It then becomes the responsibility of everyone else to pick up
the slack left by the racists. That's why we have affirmative action.

So don't blame the government and don't blame people "of color". Blame
Canada..... (hehe, just kidding). The problem originates with racist
attitudes which have been around for quite a while and aren't going
away anytime soon. By cooperating with Affirmative Action you are
shouldering the responsibilities that are shirked by racist employers,
and for that you should be commended -- after all, nobody is forcing
you to do business with Issaquah, are they?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download