Old January 26th 05, 07:52 PM
Lancer

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:29:08 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

Okay, I've been looking for a Super-Scanner for a while and can't find
one for sale. So I decided to make my own. The manual has enough info
to build a pretty close copy except for one detail: the boom length.
What should the spacing be when one dipole is the radiator and the
other two are reflectors?

And would there be any advantage to adding a little reactance
(electrical length) to a dipole when it's switched in as a reflector?

Isn't that already done by the relay box? There is 29' of coax hooked
to the undriven elements.