Old January 27th 05, 12:08 AM
Dave VanHorn

More batteries have probably been destroyed by improper charging
than any other single cause.

Could be, but these cheap Chinese batteies are gaining ground every day.
http://www.dvanhorn.org/NIMH/Index.php is some work that I've done on the
subject. I have another, more spectacular failure to post when I get time to
write it up properly.

This second one, and I suspect also the one shown on my page now, are NOT
the result of bad charging, but bad cells.

I gather that you know all this stuff so my ranting is really for
the benefit of others who don't.

Well worth saying though!

Do you have any non-marketing info on the "Optima" batteries?
I'm looking to enhance my capacity here, one way or another.