Old January 26th 05, 10:09 PM
Vinnie S.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:03:22 GMT, SideBand wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:25:07 GMT, SideBand wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:

What size loop and how many turns should I use to create a RF choke with my
coax, right before the antenna?

Vinnie S.

8 to 10 turns on an 8 inch form, remove the form, with RG-8X or similar
"mini" coax. 6-8 turns with RG-8 or 213.

HTH

-SSB

Thanks. I am going to use LMR-400. I assume that is about the same thickness as
the RG-8.

Vinnie S.

Yes.. Roughly equivalent. What's the application? You building a dipole
or an inverted V?

Sticking a 6 foot Firestick in the attic, using eight 9' wires as a ground
plane. Then when the weather warms, I stick a Imax in a tree.

Vinnie S.