Old January 26th 05, 10:49 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:40:36 GMT, Lancer wrote in
:

snip
If qsl.net ever comes back up, this link

http://www.qsl.net/ve3sqb/

had a program to design a super scanner.

I found the file and ran it. For 27MHz it gives a radius of just over
38" which, I'm pretty sure, is a bit longer than the 29" coax that
feeds each dipole. Apparently there are two versions of this antenna:

The first is the original and has a cardioid radiation pattern. The
second is VE3SQB's version that has better forward gain and deep nulls
to the rear corners, but has a larger radius and the dipoles are fed
with a 1/4-wave section of coax. It seems that the second version
behaves more like a phased array instead of a parasitic beam.

I might email the guy and see if he has the specs for the version with
the cardioid pattern.