Old January 27th 05, 04:04 AM
N. Hall

"Bob Parnass" wrote in message
Have you tried monitoring transmissions on the repeater's
input frequency? You probably need an outdoor antenna
to hear the portables and distant mobile stations.

Actually the repeaters in question are both cross-band repeaters. I can
monitor the main frequencies, but I would like to monitor the cross-band
repeaters as well, because depending on my location, they can be received
better than the main frequencies.

The big question is how are the intended users not hearing the annoying
beep, and is it something that can be ignored by today's scanners. Obviously
somebody listens to the repeater, or why have it. Plus, as I recall, back
in the old days of old VHF mobile phone systems, those repeaters did the
same thing (again, I would assume to annoy scanner listeners enough to
ignore monitoring them).