Old December 28th 04, 01:56 AM
Ed

You got some interesting discussion, but I wonder if any actually
heard the question. Unfortunately, the question is incomplete, and
this often leads to answers to questions you never asked. What
particular kind of noise do you characterize?

My thanks to all for responses to my quetion. And my somewhat belated
response to the comment (above): I guess I must be somewhat ambiguous in
reference to the low noise of a loop. I have always heard that proper
loop antennas had a lower noise characteristic than other open ended
antennas. The type of noise in question, I don't know. I suspect at my
locations I have a combination of man made and atmospheric noises being
received at my presesnt dipole.

Since I intend to build a new antenna, and since I am now forced to
consider the construction of a folded dipole in lieu of the more
difficult to erect loop, that was the reason for my original question.

I have two nice 100'+ trees between which it would be quite easy to
install a dipole..... whether it be folded or standard depends on the
comments I receive from you guys on the low noise characteristic I am
questioning.

Ed K7AAT