Old January 27th 05, 04:47 PM
Spam Fighter

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:05:39 -0600, Ken Bessler wrote:

My 160/80m trap dipole can be operated without a tuner from 1.800 to
1.930. I mainly operate in that range (usually on 1.893) and I have a
tuner for operating above 1.930. Easy.

My question is this - is it better to resonate high and use a tuner to
go lower or do it the way I'm doing now (resonate low and use a tuner to
go higher)?

Or will it even matter enough to notice??? My guess is (at these freqs)
no......

How about a compromise? Split the difference.

1. Tune low, measure the length.
2. Tune high by trimming, measure the new length.
3. Solder a piece of wire equal to the difference in leg lengths to one
leg only.