Old January 27th 05, 05:21 PM
Victor Lick

Default 60Khz transmitter/repeater

Hi folks,

I have several "radio controlled" clocks in the house and all but one won't
receive WWVB tranismissions. They work OK but they are below ground. I was
wondering if I can buy a repeater, build a repeater, or build a transmitter.
I'm thinking I could put a repeater where the signal is always strong and
rebroadcast the signal a little stronger so that the entire house is
covered.

Another thought I had was a transmitter. All the PC's in my house use
Internet time servers. I can easily build an interface to create the WWVB
time code from PC time. If I had a transmitter, I could broadcast
throughout the house.

Can anyone help? By the way, I've been working in electronics since the
mid-70's but my knowledge of RF is limited to tuning the radio in my car -
and that stuff is pre-programmed!

Thanks in advance.

Vic