Old January 27th 05, 06:12 PM
Art Clemons

I hear people comparing Rush Limbauigh and George W. Bush to the Nazis
all the time and it sickens me, since this administration has been the
most pro-minority Administration in over 100 years since
Reconstruction.

Aren't you taking a rather provincial view of Bush and let's say
African-Americans. African-Americans in general don't seem to view
Bush or Limbaugh as someone with whom they agree and quite frankly
that's a good point of view. Bush does have some African-American
support but sadly most of it seems more interested in what money and
power it can gather ala Armstrong Williams or even the Reverend Lusk,
or sadly homophobia as a motivation.

Since you've already made up your mind that nothing Bush can do is
trending towards fascism, I won't ask just what else government able to
grab an individual and hold that individual without court proceedings
for three years is an indication of?

An African American woman has been nominated for Secretary of State.
A Jewish American has been nominated or Secretray of Homeland
Security. A Hispanic American has been selected at Attorney General.

What of these nominations, should the nomination of single individuals
really prove anything? How many African-Americans agree with
Condoleeza Rice? Aren't there issues with the Atty General nominee
that should worry most thinking folk like claiming that the Geneva
Conventions don't apply at the whim of the President (hint, the Geneva
protocols also cover folks who are not in uniform)