Old January 27th 05, 04:09 PM

Here's three low visibility antennas I've tried.

1. Find the biggest outward facing window and run wire around the
perimeter. I used tiny cupholders with suction cups on the bottom at
each corner of the window.
2. Run a wire around the baseboards of your listening room and any
other that you can get away with and tuck it down into the carpet.
3. A reasonable outdoor antenna can be made from magnet wire. It is
so thin that it's all but invisible. If you can toss the end over a
tree, so much the better, otherwise dangle it down the side of the
building with something to hold it in place.

Number 2 was the best performer.

wrote:
Hello friends
I'm in a condo. I just received a fantastic receiver (FRG100B)..I'm
currently running a homebrew "Heli-Rope" Antenna (from June 1971 QST)
hanging on the wall. Just out of pure curiousity, have any one of

you
run indoor antennas? What kind? How did yours work?
Thanks 73 Greg WDX9KHY